JOIN ISLAND BOHEMIANS
CLICK HERE to join us on Facebook.
Or follow Island Bohemians on INSTAGRAM!
Archive of past email newsletters:
We welcome your tax-deductible donations to help keep our (mostly) free programs running. Thank you!
ISLAND BOHEMIANS UPCOMING EVENTS
WHAT IS/ARE ISLAND BOHEMIANS?
Island Bohemians exists to give individual artists and creatives on Whidbey Island a community—a café culture— in which they can share their ideas, humanity and art with other creatives. In this culture of intellectual exchange, the creativity of all is amplified and encouraged. Island Bohemians is a community for Whidbey Island artists and creative people active in the fields of visual arts, music, literature/poetry, theater/film, dance, fine craft, design, culinary and botanical arts. A dedicated Steering Committee creates a framework of monthly events to bring this creative community together and to facilitate and inspire connections and spin-off groups created by its individual members. Our events are only intended to be a part of what Island Bohemians is, not its entirety. We encourage members to create their own unique events/gatherings and publicize them on our Facebook page. For example: regular meetings for groups with a common artistic interest to create art together or discuss the creative process, critique groups, group exhibits, collaborations, salons in members' homes or studios.
Foster an island-wide café culture that encourages creative thought, human connection and artistic output of our creative community through convivial intellectual exchange among peers.
What We Do
• Creative Cafés: Small groups for supportive interaction with other group members.
• Open Studios: Artist-to-artist opportunities for discussing the artist's creative process and demonstrating completed work with other creatives (not just visual arts, but all creative endeavors).
• Special Events: Fun, miscellaneous events including educational programs for members.
• The Bohemian Ball and the Bohemian Bacchanal: Celebratory dances near the winter and summer solstices. These are open to the public and serve to deepen relationships within our creative family as well as serving as fundraisers to support the organization's programs.
• Grand Cafés: Held four times a year at Greenbank Hall. These are salon-style meetings featuring a program and a time to mingle socially. The public is also invited to these cafés as a method of community outreach and a way to educate our group and public about all things creative.
The goal is to keep Island Bohemians free for its members. Events are funded by monies raised from sales of raffle tickets and beverages at events, Island Bohemians branded t-shirts and other swag, plus your generous donations. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to make a donation today!
Leadership is ever-changing and you are welcome to help create and manifest the type of group and events that you want. Contact the steering committee by using the contact form below.
By joining our Facebook group, or by subscribing to our monthly email newsletter, you will receive notifications and updates for all Island Bohemians events! Your participation is welcome. Share your current projects, website, photos and recordings with the group. Discuss challenges, offer ideas, post an event. This group is for YOU! You may also follow Island Bohemians on Instagram.
PAST EVENTS (see calendar for upcoming events)
Everyone's invited! (age 21+)
Thursday June 21, 2018 from 7-10 pm
Bohemian Bacchanal (what's a bacchanal?)
Celebrate the Summer Solstice with Island Bohemians
Midsummer’s Eve Dance and Bonfire
Crockett Barn • 1056 Crockett Farm Road • Coupeville
Thursday January 18, 2018 from 7-10pm
The Bohemian Ball
Freeland Hall, 1515 E Shoreview Dr, Freeland, WA 98249
All Island Bohemians, friends, family and supporters are welcome! Dance Party, Costume Ball***, Cash Bar, Music, Fun! Prizes for best costumes! Featuring DJ Moose, Tarot Readings and Event Photography. *** Costumes optional
Sunday October 22, 2017 from 2-4pm, FREE
Island Bohemians Café
Greenbank Progressive Hall, 3090 Firehouse Road, Greenbank
Bring a potluck item to share and your choice of beverage!